Christmas time in the office.
How to deal with the office GRINCH?
It’s full of Fa la la la la, la la la la and maybe a few bah humbugs!
Decorating the office for Christmas will increase employees’ happiness and boost their morale!
Or will it? Is there a Grinch in your office? Here are a few HR ‘approved’ ways to combat an office Grinch…
- When serving any festive foods, stick to the 4 main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
- Always greet them with festive cheer!
- Make sure that you take special care when decorating their office space / desk / pod – more is definitely more!
- The best way to spread Christmas Cheer… is SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!
WHAT ARE THE CHRISTMAS TREE GUIDELINES? DOES YOUR OFFICE HAVE A POLICY?
It’s officially December which means…
It’s time to rock around the office Christmas tree!
We hope you are all getting into the festive mood with decorations and, Christmas trees.
HERE’S 4 TOP TIPS TO COMBAT CHRISTMAS TREE CONFLICTS IN YOUR OFFICE
- Before you start, let everyone know that this is supposed to be fun and a team bonding experience
- Prepare the tree area beforehand to avoid any health and safety risks
- Completely disregard point 1 & 2 and bonk your colleague on the head with an empty roll of
- Argue incessantly about which baubles should go at the front
- Give up on adding chocolate decorations because dietary requirements are an absolute HR
- Give up, let the team go home early and just do it yourself.
- Agree a method on deciding who is responsible for taking the decs down .. Rock, Paper,
Scissors or ‘short straws?
Christmas also means Christmas Jumper Day.
Christmas Jumper Day this year is on Thursday, 8th Dec. But you can do it any day you want to! Some people might even wear Christmas jumpers from the start of December.
Christmas Jumper Day started back in 2012, where millions of people put their festive wear on and donated £2 to Save the Children, and started to make the world better for children around the world.
We know how much everyone loves to go all out for Christmas jumper day!
It’s Christmas Party season!
We all love a good work party, but we also know how sometimes issues can ruin the evening and become a HR nightmare on the following Monday morning.
To avoid that, make sure you have a Party Memo in place so all your staff know what is acceptable or unacceptable! Make sure everyone is invited and know that you will do your best to accommodate their needs, whether it’s dietary requirements, disability or religion.
Now, if you’ve got any other tips and tricks and silliness, let us know how you’re finding it in your office.
Disclaimer; this is a tongue-in-cheek festive blog but on a serious note, we know that Christmas can be a stressful, challenging time for some and your friendly HR elves are on hand to help if you need us.